5 Ways to Burn an Extra 100 Calories a Day
If you're trying to lose body fat, then you know that every little bit counts. And when it comes to burning calories, every single one counts as well! Here are 5 easy ways that you can burn an extra 100 calories each and every day.
- Drink a cup of green tea instead of coffee for your morning pick-me-up. Green tea contains thermogenic properties which help boost your metabolism and burn calories. A cup of green tea has about 24-40mg of caffeine, while a cup of coffee has around 96-200mg. So not only will you be cutting back on the calorie-dense coffee creamer, but you'll also be getting a metabolism boost!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. This one is a no-brainer—but it's also super effective. Just by taking the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator, you can easily burn 7-10 additional calories per minute. And if you do this a few times throughout the day, those minutes start to add up!
- Park your car at the back of the parking lot. Another small change that can make a big difference! By parking your car at the back of the parking lot, you'll have to walk further to get to the store entrance—which means more steps and more calories burned.
- Get up and move during commercials. We all know that sitting for long periods of time is bad for our health—so take advantage of commercial breaks as an opportunity to get up and move around! Even just walking around your living room or doing some light stretches can help increase your heart rate and burn some extra calories.
- Invest in a fitness tracker. Fitness trackers are great because they not only help motivate you to be more active—they also help track your progress so that you can see how many extra steps (and calories) you've burned throughout the day.
Burning an extra 100 calories per day may not seem like much—But it can make a big difference over time! By making small changes to your daily routine and being more mindful of your activity level, you can easily reach your weight loss goals in no time at all! What are you waiting for? Give these tips a try today!